Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gross Profit Margins by Product

The graph below was created using Google’s Chart Tools.

The graph shows how gross profit margins can vary significantly according to the type of product sold. For example, gasoline products have a gross profit margin percentage in the 15 to 20 % range in recent years and women’s clothing in the 45 to 50 % range.

The graph also shows that gross profit margin percentages usually do not vary much within a retail sector. For example, the heights of the bars for each type of retail product remain fairly constant from year to year.

Data on the graph is from the US Census Bureau. Click here to access the data.









Gross Profit Margin Percentage for 5 Retail Sectors (Cenus Bureau data)

4 comments:

  1. OMG! This graph reminded me of my student days. I can never forget the trauma I have been through because of economics. Every now and then I used to search for the best assignment writer’s reviews so that I don’t have to do my work. People who choose economics as their subject legit scare me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a student of economic department and can't understand this type of information easily but the data on the graph shows us the gross margin percentage in the simplest way. Thank you for sharing! currently I'm a blogger and want to collect information about industrial and diesel generators for my new blog if you guys any information so kindly share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not an economics student, therefore I can't readily understand this type of information, but the data on the graph displays us the gross margin percentage in the simplest way possible. I provide Professional SMM Services with web design bolt, thus I understand that the graph shows us the gross margin percentage. Thank you for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I myself kickstarted learning maths with the help of counting reindeer. It is a great help, but I hope your kids don’t become too dependent on it, like me. I am in the final year of university and trust me I'm not lying when I say that I still get supply chain assignment help online. Funny, no?Wonka 2023 Timothee Chalamet Coat

    ReplyDelete